Ohio Wesleyan University - 19 Williams Drive
Architecture & Design
The Phi Delta Theta House at 19 Williams Drive is one of the nine fraternity houses built between 1954 and 1963 on the Ohio Wesleyan University Campus. The University wished to renovate the house as it has only received minor cosmetic and limited maintenance updates throughout the years. Our team developed a design plan that included the addition of an elevator, updated restrooms, new HVAC and electrical systems, the addition of a fire protection system, finish upgrades, exterior window replacement, along with site and accessibility upgrades. The University received state and federal tax credits for the historic renovation. Our team prepared the package for the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) to enable the University to qualify for Federal and State tax credits that are available for substantial rehabilitation projects. Documentation for SHPO required us to document in detail the specific areas of the project that will be renovated and how it will affect significant historic areas within the building. Original building elements remained and were minimally impacted by the new work.