Architect In Training
Our purpose is to help individuals and organizations with real estate change. Our vision is to change the way projects are delivered through design-led construction. SHYFT offers traditional services through an Integrated Project Delivery model we believe allows clients to better achieve their “Why”. We’ve built a creative problem-solving culture where each team member goes beyond their traditional practice to influence projects from beginning to end. Our goal is to create: A BETTER WAY TO A BETTER SPACE.
SHYFT Collective is searching for a full-time Architect In Training in our Des Moines, Iowa office. The role will require multiple skills and be involved in our full suite of integrated project delivery services. This position will work to create beautifully crafted design solutions and expected to participate in, and at times lead execution within the field. Each team member is expected to achieve their “Why” by articulating personal goals and working with leadership to maximize those opportunities. We are specifically looking for architects who deliver award-worthy design solutions for our national portfolio of projects based in offices from Iowa, Ohio, and Arizona.
This position allows for exceptional career advancement for those interested in growing beyond traditional architectural practice. The role will include (but not be limited to):
- Elevating the design brand and marketing it throughout Iowa while assisting national markets and projects
- Providing architectural consultation in strategic planning, programming, design, and construction
- Coordinating with colleagues, clients, & sub-consultants for quality assurance and quality control
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and support to assigned staff
- Leading preparation and/or oversight of design documents including 3D models [Sketchup, REVIT, Enscape, etc.]
- Demonstrating proactive client interaction and service in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, and executing architectural design assignments and documents
- Communication responsibilities including documentation of project decisions and correspondence, conducting project meetings, distribution of minutes, and preparation of project status reports
- Working with the full team to create simple, refined, and beautifully crafted design and built solutions with every opportunity
For this position, we offer a flexible work culture, annual salary, multiple bonus opportunities, and a competitive benefits package. A few benefit highlights include:
- Paid holidays (Total of Nine days - New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving/Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Christmas)
- Paid personal time - Three weeks/year with the ability to gain additional PTO
- Annual membership dues for AIA and other professional registrations, as applicable
- Flexible technology, including hardware and software programs required to do your best work
- Company-provided parking
- Ultimate Flexible work schedule with work/life blend
- Competitive healthcare or a stipend option ($140/month for those who do not use SHYFT provided plans)
This position is intended to help our integrated project delivery model through developing, designing, and delivering beautifully crafted architectural built solutions. We believe in achieving a firm and personal purpose. Members are expected to elevate the SHYFT design brand, dialogue, process, and projects within our unique model. Projects include custom modern single-family residential, high-end and affordable multifamily housing, hospitality, higher education, corporate workplace, healthcare, government & municipal, and mixed-use commercial.
Our targeted start date is flexible and starting salaries will be based on experience and skill. Any questions on the firm or positions, please reach out via cell (515.650.0155) or email (email@example.com). I hope to meet, learn, and share about what makes us unique.
We encourage qualified candidates to submit by email a resume, cover letter and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should submit work samples in advance of any potential interviews. Work samples should ideally be one PDF attachment and maximum 20 pages at 6 MB.