Who We Are:
SHYFT is a firm built around WHY. Our unique purpose is to offer traditional services with a more integrated project delivery model to help clients achieve their WHY. We achieve this level of service together by building a creative culture to help each team member achieve their WHY. Our vision is to change the way we look at projects and improve upon how we identify the WHY behind WHAT we do.
Our team of architects, interior designers, construction managers, financial analysts and project managers/owners’ representatives provide an unbiased and well-rounded perspective that allows our team to create custom solutions for our clients. We love capital cities, as we have offices in Columbus, Ohio; Des Moines, Iowa; and Phoenix, Arizona.
What We Are Looking For:
SHYFT Collective is searching for a qualified project coordinator or manager to assist our clients on small to large complex real estate projects in Phoenix, AZ. In addition to traditional experience, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate at all levels of our services to best showcase our preferred project delivery methods. These opportunities include working directly with the leadership team and firm members in all disciplines, supplemented by client and consultant interaction through focused project work both in and out of the office.
Responsibilities include directly leading and partnering with the Director of Projects to:
- Serve as owner’s representative who manages projects from concept to close out.
- Develop scope, budget and schedule information for customer approval.
- Management of integrated project delivery for real estate projects to include moves/adds/changes, furniture reconfigurations, new construction, remodels/renovations, tenant improvements and capital projects.
- Manage scope expectations, project costs and schedules to deliver projects, on time and within budget with high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Develop conceptual budgets based on high level scope information for varying project types.
- Demonstrate a proactive focus in meeting and exceeding client expectations and project requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Build and manage project teams and acquire resources for project delivery through competitive and/or negotiated procurement processes. Oversee activities of project team members including internal client resources as well as external vendors, contractors and design professionals.
- Issue and evaluate vendor, contractor and supplier RFPs, including but not limited to design professionals, general contractors, trade specific contractors, FFE and technology providers, etc.
- Prepare/update and review project status reports, purchase orders and invoices, update tracking reports and maintain complete and accurate project data.
- Escalate and manage risks impacting budget, schedule, or client business impact both internally and to the client.
- Document well-written and timely meeting minutes.
- To qualify as a Project Coordinator: 0-3 years of demonstrated experience successfully engaged in commercial, real estate or capital projects.
- To qualify as a Project Manager: 3-6 years of demonstrated experience successfully engaged in commercial, real estate or capital projects.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in real estate project delivery for corporate, investment, multi-family, healthcare, or industrial clients.
- Tracking towards PE, PMP or other industry professional designation (LEED, etc.) encouraged.
- Strong written communication skills and experience documenting and distributing meeting minutes to clients & partners.
- Strong familiarity with site plans, architectural and engineering drawings, construction administration/management, RFP process, project planning and project tracking/reporting concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all stakeholders (Clients, customers, vendors, contractors, partners, team members, etc.) creating a win-win in project delivery.
- Strong background in construction, design, procurement practices, delivery methods, and contract negotiation.
- On site trade contractor management experience preferred.
- Skilled in the development of project budgets and schedules.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team / agile environment as well as independently when required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Degree from an accredited institution with a preference towards Construction Management, Engineering or Real Estate.
Individuals should be open to flexible work hours and work environments as needed on a project by project basis. You should be prepared to occasionally lose with ‘dignity’ to current staff in Fantasy Football.
You are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Click Here to Review Current Listed Positions: http://www.shyftcollective.com/about/careers.