SHYFT is a firm built around WHY. Our unique purpose is to offer traditional services with a more integrated project delivery model in order to help clients achieve their WHY. We achieve this level of service together by building a creative culture to help each team member achieve their WHY. Our vision is to change the way we look at projects and improve upon how we identify the WHY behind WHAT we do.
Our team of architects, interior designers, construction managers, financial analysts and projects managers/owners’ representatives provide an unbiased and well-rounded perspective; that allows our team to create custom solutions for our clients. We love capital cities, as we have a local office in Columbus and national offices in Des Moines, Iowa and Phoenix, Arizona.
Our creative environment and culture is built to influence design and project excellence; and to best reward individuals as part of a team through an unparalleled amount of transparency. If you’re looking for a firm where culture is paramount, you can be rewarded for your successful efforts, have real impact on your WHY while maintaining a healthy balance of work and play; we would be proud to meet and discuss that opportunity with you.
SHYFT Collective is searching for a qualified designer to assist clients, colleagues and consultants in our quest for design excellence.The Project Designer/Architect
will work with the Director of Architecture to ensure an appropriate technical solution and production strategy.The successful candidate will have
the opportunity to influence our services to best showcase our preferred project delivery method. These opportunities include working directly with
the leadership team and firm members in all disciplines, supplemented by client and consultant collaboration. She/He are responsible for carrying out
complex design assignments requiring development of new or improved techniques of design. Work experience can be expected to include the following
- Develop and perform internal controls for teams assigned to projects by monitoring and supervising less experienced project designers in the construction document process
- Act as a client lead through the design and implementation of projects
- Coordinate with colleagues, clients & sub-consultants for quality assurance and quality control checks
- May act in a team lead capacity.
- Applies diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices on a broad array of assignments
- Independently makes decisions on significant architectural design problems and methods
- Demonstrates a proactive focus on client interaction and service in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Communicates project decisions and documents correspondence
- Business development engagement through strong community and client relationships.
- Develops an understanding of and adherence to firm wide procedures, processes and culture
This contains only a partial listing of duties; your responsibilities may change to serve our clients best interests at all times.
- An accredited undergraduate degree or master’s degree in Architecture with 3+ years’ experience
- Licensure track or architectural registration required.
- Demonstrates strong design abilities in drawing, rendering and technical documentation
- Ability to understand and work within project scopes, budgets and schedules
- Superior verbal & written communication skills with ability to prioritize responsibilities is imperative
- Experience using Revit as a design and construction document tool is required, while the Adobe Create Suite and other 3D visualization tools are strongly preferred
As a creative culture, individuals are encouraged to work within our flexible work hours and work environments; and in potential local, regional and national travels as needed. You should be prepared to occasionally lose with ‘dignity’ to current staff in Fantasy Football and open to potential early happy hours to enjoy your colleagues’ company.
APPLICATION DETAILS: We encourage qualified candidates to submit by email a resume, cover letter and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should submit work samples in advance of any potential interviews. Work samples should ideally be one PDF attachment and maximum 20 pages at 6 MB.