Project Designer/Architect & Market Leader
We believe real estate services are facing a paradigm shift…one where strategic disciplines are more integrated and delivering projects from concept to completion. Our purpose is to offer multiple real estate services in a more integrated model to achieve the project’s WHY at the highest quality possible. Our vision is to best identify the why behind the what, and collectively DO that better than traditional models allow. This level of practice is possible by having a creative and collaborative culture, which rewards the tremendous value and experience we each bring to the real estate equation.
At SHYFT, our focus is on helping each member realize their purpose and achieve their WHY, so collectively we can achieve ours. Our team of architects, interior designers, construction managers, financial analysts, real estate salespersons/brokers, and projects managers/owners’ representatives provide a well-rounded perspective to create custom designed solutions.
Our culture and company structure is designed to create an environment of accelerated learning, experience and project excellence; and to best reward individuals as part of a team through an unparalleled amount of transparency. So if you’re looking for a firm where culture is paramount, you can receive maximum rewards for your successful efforts, have real impact on your WHY and maintain a healthy work/life blend; we would be proud to meet and discuss your goals.
SHYFT Collective is searching for a Project Designer/Architect interested in design excellence and clear career progression. The Project Designer/Architect will work with design staff to ensure a beautifully crafted design solution. In addition to traditional design experience, all staff are expected to influence their career by articulating their goals and working with leadership to maximize those opportunities. We’d like to talk to you if you have at least a four-year accredited degree in Architecture, and we’d love to meet candidates with more than 3 years of experience.
Work experience at SHYFT can be expected to include the following tasks:
- Serves as the lead Project Designer/Architect on multiple projects as a liaison on the design and technical aspects
- Applies diverse knowledge of architectural design principles and practices on a broad array of assignments
- Coordinates with colleagues, clients & sub-consultants for quality assurance and quality control checks
- Coordinates design project oversight including scope, schedule, budget, quality, and communications
- Assists in preparation and/or oversight of design documents including 3D models
- Demonstrates a proactive focus on client interaction and service in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Business development engagement through strong community and client relations
- Develops an understanding of and adherence to firm wide procedures, processes and culture
- Works with the team to create simple, refined, and beautiful design solutions with every opportunity
- This contains only a partial listing of duties; responsibilities may change to serve clients best interests.
- An accredited undergraduate degree or master’s degree in Architecture with 3 years of experience or more
- Licensed Architect preferred but not required
- Demonstrates strong design abilities in drawing/sketching, rendering and technical documentation
- Ability to understand and work within project scopes, budgets and schedules
- Superior verbal & written communication skills with ability to prioritize responsibilities is imperative
- Computer abilities include use of: REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other 3D Visualization tools
As a creative culture, individuals are encouraged to work together within our engaging environment, but hours are very flexible if work is consistently completed to firm standards. With other offices in Columbus, OH and Phoenix, AZ and many national projects, some travel should be expected. You should also be prepared to occasionally lose with ‘dignity’ to current staff in fantasy football and open to potential early happy hours in and out of the office to enjoy your colleagues’ company. Also, please feel free to bring your favorite “bow-wow” in to meet us.
APPLICATION DETAILS: We encourage qualified candidates to submit by email a resume, cover letter and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should submit PDF work samples in advance of any potential interviews with a maximum of 20 pages and 6 MB.