National Director of Design
Who We Are:
SHYFT Collective grew out of our founding partners desire to deliver architecture and construction projects in a client and developer-friendly way; pairing experience, expertise, and quick decision-making for better projects. Simply put, we merge design and construction into a seamless process of integrated project delivery. Paired with our owner’s representation mentality and service we provide: A Better Way to a Better Space. Our integrated project delivery model is built to help clients achieve their WHY. Our vision is to change the way we look at projects and improve upon how we identify the WHY behind WHAT we do.
Our team of architects, interior designers, construction managers, financial analysts and projects managers/owners’ representatives provide an unbiased and well-rounded perspective day in and day out. This allows our integrated team to create custom, holistic solutions for clients. We love capital cities, as we have national offices in Des Moines, Iowa; Columbus, Ohio; and Phoenix, Arizona.
What We Are Looking For:
Our creative environment is built to influence design and project excellence; and reward individuals through an unparalleled amount of transparency. If you’re searching for a workplace where culture is paramount, you are rewarded for your successful efforts, you can have real impact on your WHY, and maintain a healthy integration of work and play; we are proud to share SHYFT and our opportunity with you.
SHYFT is searching for a qualified registered Architect to lead clients, colleagues and consultants in our quest for design excellence as the Director
of Design for our offices. The Director of Design leads the design process within our offices in order to maintain a consistent approach to design
excellence across the country and in all our market segments. She/He will work with the SHYFT leadership team, all Office Directors, and with all design
members to provide the highest degree of design for our Integrated Project Delivery model. She/He will be responsible for leading all types of projects
and complex design assignments with a focus on creating award winning work. This position is currently slated for the Des Moines office, but travel
between current and future national offices is expected. Work experience will include the following tasks:
- Provide design direction and leadership in strategic planning, programming, design & construction phases.
- Serve as the design lead on multiple projects and as a liaison on technical design solutions.
- Lead design process by providing mentorship, guidance and support to design staff.
- Independently make decisions on significant architectural/design problems and methods.
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on client interaction and service in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Engage in the team’s implementation of business development strategies.
- Continually build the culture of design excellence through people, process and projects.
- Actively participate in our design community and in client relationships at all levels.
This contains only a partial listing of duties; your responsibilities may change to serve our clients best interests at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required and a master’s degree is preferred
- Ten years or more of professional experience to include architecture and/or interior design
- Accreditation/licensure is required, and should include Registered Architect or NCIDQ
- Demonstrates strong design abilities in drawing, rendering and technical documentation
- Demonstrates an ability to lead award winning projects within all project scopes, budgets and schedules
- Superior verbal & written communication skills with ability to prioritize responsibilities is imperative
- Preferred computer abilities include use of: REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other 3D Visualization Tools
Individuals are encouraged to work within our flexible work hours and environments; and with potential local, regional and national travel as needed. You should be open to leading potential early happy hours to enjoy your colleagues’ company.
APPLICATION DETAILS: We encourage qualified candidates to submit by email a resume, cover letter and work samples to: email@example.com
Applicants should submit work samples in advance of any potential interviews. Work samples should ideally be one PDF attachment and maximum 20 pages at 6 MB.