Construction Project Engineer – Des Moines, IA
SHYFT is a firm built around WHY. Our unique vision is to offer traditional services with a more integrated delivery model in order to help clients achieve their WHY. We achieve this level of service together by growing our creative culture to help each team member achieve their WHY. Our vision is to change the way we look at projects and improve upon how we identify the WHY behind WHAT we do.
Our team of architects, interior designers, construction managers, financial analysts and project managers/owners’ representatives provide an unbiased and well-rounded perspective that allows our team to create custom solutions for our clients. We love capital cities, as we have offices in Columbus, Ohio; Des Moines, Iowa; and Phoenix, Arizona.
SHYFT Collective is searching for a qualified Construction Project Engineer to assist our clients on projects of all sizes varying in their level of complexity. In addition to traditional experience, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate at all levels of our services to best showcase our preferred project delivery methods. These opportunities include working directly with the leadership team and firm members in all disciplines, supplemented by client and consultant interaction through focused project work, both in and out of the office.
- Serve as owner’s representative who manages projects from concept to closeout.
- Manage scope expectations, project costs, and schedules to deliver projects, on time, and within budget with high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Estimating and Buyout:
- Address schedule as part of Contractor scope preparation
- Assist the Construction Manager (CM) in completing project buyout in a timely manner
- Assist the CM in preparing complete Scopes of Work for Contractors
- Review drawings and specifications in preparation of contractor Scopes of Work
- Assist in constructability reviews
- Maintain and assist CM with the preparation of the Weekly Project Report, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Maintain and Update RFI/ASI Log
- Process and record Submittals – incoming and outgoing
- Track Submittal progress
- Maintain and update Submittal Log
- Maintain and Update Contractor Change Order Log
- Maintain and Update Owner Change Log
- Prepare and Distribute Meeting agendas and minutes
- Assist Project Superintendent (PS) with Daily Construction Observation
- Project Schedule
- Assist CM and PS with the creation and updating of Project Schedule
- Distribute overall Project Schedule
- Project Closeout
- Communicate project closeout requirements with Contractors in a timely manner
- Perform pre-punch list walkthrough with CM, PS, and other project stakeholders
- Work with Contractors to collect all closeout documents
- Demonstrate a proactive focus in meeting and exceeding client expectations in a timely and cost-effective manner
- To qualify at the Construction Project Engineer level: 3-7 years of demonstrated experience successfully working on construction, real estate, or capital projects. Estimating experience is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in construction project delivery for commercial, corporate, multi-family, healthcare, hospitality, or industrial clients.
- PE, PMP, or other industry professional designation (LEED, etc.) encouraged
- Strong familiarity with site plans, architectural and engineering drawings, contract administration/management, RFP process, project planning, and project tracking/reporting concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all stakeholders (Clients, customers, vendors, contractors, partners, team members, etc.) creating a win-win in project delivery.
- A fundamental comprehension of construction, design, procurement practices, delivery methods, and contract negotiation.
- On-site trade contractor management experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team / agile environment, as well as independently when required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Degree from an accredited institution, with a preference towards Construction Management, Engineering or Real Estate.
- Individuals should be open to flexible work hours, work environments, and potential local or regional travel as needed on a project by project basis.
You are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Click Here To Review Currently Listed Positions: http://www.shyftcollective.com/about/careers.